The most important thing to know about all medical training is the value of internship! A student could spend months on practice typing and learn more through Internship in a fraction of that time. Without internship a student's search for valuable training will end if failure.
We first offered our medical transcription courses in classrooms and then switched to home-based medical training in 1996. Med Workshops can be understood as a staffing and placement school for Medical Transcription, Medical Billing and Medical Billing and Records companies.
What Is the Value of Medical Internships? Imagine what it would be like to learn to cook simply by reading and watching films. You can learn some things, but it’s not until you actually cook that real understanding takes place. Internship presents an opportunity for students to apply skills acquired during training before the student looks for employment. Also, internship provides an opportunity to actually work daily with a mentor and gain a feel for the profession.
• The opportunity to achieve hands-on experience
• Education specialists have learned physical application of training is when true learning takes place
• Internship creates a lasting mental road map while building strength and confidence
Internship is the only way to gain experience before you are hired! Everyone used to intern before online schooling!
If you don't receive an internship you will likely need 2 years of experience to get a job. You will also be required to take rigorous employment tests. How can you do that if you have recently graduated from school. It is a catch 22 and no one tells you until it is too late.
Learning is more than absorbing facts, it's acquiring understanding. This is what employers are seeking; graduates who have a true understanding of their software system as well as the skills learned while training. Most of our graduates are hired for entry-level employment after finishing Mentored InternshipTM.
Requirements for Mentored Internship Program:
- Successful completion of the fundamental training we offer.
- Completion of the APT modules scoring 85% or better (Anatomy, Physiology and Terminology).
- Completion of final MT Typing tests scoring 90% or better. This is standard in the industry.
- Acceptance by your Internship counselor
- You'll need a good computer! Click here to read about computer requirements
- Students must graduate from Mentored Internship to be eligible for job placement referrals.
Med Workshops' CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION upon graduation.
Mentored Internship involves 6 weeks of hands-on training. You will mentor with a professional in the medical field of your choice and you are required to complete the assignments promptly. Internship is a timed session. You learn how to return precise work in the required time frame. You will learn how to produce a finished product which will satisfy a transcription company. You have completed Mentored Internship upon administrative acceptance of your work. The internship finishes your training in a truly professional manner.
Watch a Video on Internship.